How far along the pregnancy is and the individual’s preferences can both affect the sort of abortion a person has.
You can opt for a medication method if you want to end your pregnancy early and non-invasively. It has relatively
minimal risks and no known effect on fertility. Thus, there are hardly any reports of problems with subsequent
pregnancies if you use termination pills. But that also means a woman may become pregnant shortly after ending
If somebody is engaging in sexual activity that could result in pregnancy and does not want to become pregnant
within weeks following the treatment, they should utilize contraception. So, to keep pregnancy health good as well as
have control over your reproductive health, medication termination is a great option. The process has no adverse effect
on fertility and you can easily plan to conceive according to your wish and whenever you wish to.
But there is a need to do away with the rumor that a future pregnancy is not possible after a safe medical abortion,
as it is not a fact. Let us know more about it.
When is it Conducive to Get an Abortion with Pills?
Early pregnancy is the ideal time to end a pregnancy since it increases safety. Because problems are more likely when
a pregnancy is further along, and involves an invasive procedure. As the latter includes the use of instruments
and equipment, there is a greater risk of injury if a non-expert performs the procedure. This can cause pregnancy risks
in the future if any of the reproductive organs rupture. Thus, the medication way is one of the best and the safest.
With medicines such as Mifepristone and Misoprostol, you can safeguard fertility pregnancy the next time because
the pills cause a natural miscarriage. They are 95% to 97% successful. Know the proper dosage instructions and take
the medicines accordingly. Here is how the medications work:
- Mifepristone blocks the progesterone hormone when you orally intake the 200mg pill with water on day 1. It stops the advancement of pregnancy and does not result in any harmful side effects.
- It sheds the endometrial lining so that the uterus prepares for the expelling of the pregnancy portions after the use of 4 x 200mcg Misoprostol buccally or vaginally. You need to take the second medicine 24 to 48 hours later.
- There are no medical abortion complications as such and whichever outcomes are produced are temporary such as heavy vaginal bleeding, which is expected.
- And abdomen cramps happen because of uterine contractions. The cervix expands to let the pregnancy tissues pass.
What About Fertility After Abortion in Women?
If the pregnancy gets terminated early, you can ovulate as soon as after 2 weeks from the procedure. Thus, abortion and infertility have no relation to each other. With ovulation and unprotected intercourse, a healthy pregnancy can result as per expectation. The myth about the danger to pregnancy from a termination procedure is that some women encounter infection or profuse bleeding. However, the risk of infection is mostly from lack of hygiene on the part of the person or a rare occurrence.
So, to avoid infection and retain fertility health you must ensure that hygiene is the priority during a medical pregnancy termination. For instance, change menstrual pads on a timely basis and do not wait until it leaks or endure it for an irrationally long time. Keep hydrated and have lots of water as it will help release toxins from your body. At the same time, it will also make up for the water loss if there is sweating or diarrhea.
How Soon Should You Plan for a Pregnancy?
It is purely subjective as to when one wants to conceive. You can get pregnant as per your intent. But there are a few things to consider before thinking about future pregnancy prospects. Wait until the bleeding goes down before trying anything penetrative for the vagina. This includes the insertion of tampons, and menstrual cups, as well as intercourse. Do not douche, because this can cause injury to the vagina and cervix, which is possibly still ripe from the procedure perhaps.
- So, give at least two to three weeks for recovery before trying for a pregnancy. Otherwise, the abortion risk if none may turn against you because of a lack of taking care of your health. Do not exercise heavily until complete recovery.
- And abortion fertility issues will not bother you if you take the proper dosage of medicines, manage the symptoms wisely, and go for a follow-up after 14 days for an ultrasound scan of the abdomen to check for the outcome.
- In case there are still pregnancy sections in the uterus, then you can get abortion pills again if the doctor advises for it, or end the pregnancy invasively. But do not continue a pregnancy if there is incomplete abortion.
Your future fertility will no way suffer if you give yourself a good time after pregnancy termination. In the meantime, you can get your health assessed to understand what you need to prepare for the pregnancy. And how soon you can look forward to it. If you have any pre-existing medical condition, get it checked up to know if you can safely conceive and if any other medicine is needed to bring this disorder under control while securing the pregnancy. Follow a healthy diet and maintain an optimum weight.
There are no abortion effects on fertility if you follow the required precautions to end a pregnancy. You can pursue a healthy pregnancy thereafter as per the recommendation of your healthcare provider.