Cytolog (Misoprostol pill)
- One medicine of Cytolog is 200 mcg.
- For early pregnancy termination, four pills of Cytolog are generally consumed.
Cytolog is consumed either vaginally or buccally.
Cytolog abortion pills are taken to remove pregnancy tissues from the body. One pill of Cytolog may not be enough to end an early pregnancy. Four pills of Cytolog are taken along with an anti-progesterone abortion pill to complete the abortion procedure.
The Cytolog pills initiate ejecting pregnancy tissues from the body. It brings about hormonal actions with prostaglandin constituents.
The consumption of Cytolog is done along with Mifeprex or any other anti-progesterone medicine.
Dosage and administrations:
The consumption of antiprogesterone medicine is followed by administering Cytolog abortion pills. The dosage for the same is four pills of 800 mcg (each tablet: 200 mcg). Speak to your doctor to know more about the dosage of Misoprostol pills. If you are taking medicines buccally, place them in the cheek pouches for half an hour. If you are consuming pills vaginally, insert them in the vagina.
If you do not bleed within 24 hours, consult your healthcare provider to take an additional dosage of Misoprostol.
The dosage of Cytolog can contradict in certain conditions. Users are requested to consult their healthcare provider in any of the following cases.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of abortion pills
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Using IUD for pregnancy prevention.
- Diagnosed with porphyria/adrenal failure/asthma problems
Warnings and precautions:
In the absence of specific studies, Mifepristone is not recommended in patients with:
- Renal failure
- Hepatic failure
Also, the patient is requested to follow the precautions given below. Not following them can lead to complications in the pregnancy .
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or nicotine products.
- Do not breastfeed while during or immediately after Misoprostol consumption.
- Do not eat foods with unnecessary fats.
- Do not insert anything in the vagina.